The NHS and health care providers in the UK have a long and proud history of supporting those most at need.
The Carers Charter is a simple commitment which businesses and organisations can make to both recognise that contribution and offer support to the individuals who work in care.
The charter involves participants making a public statement of commitment to the NHS and care workers.
This is reviewed annually and organisations have the opportunity to select the measures they will be embracing.
- forwardPractical support for carers. This could be through discounted services or access to sector specific advice.
- forwardA commitment to raise awareness and support good causes by using promotional channels to highlight issues or by fundraising for NHS and care charities.
- forwardSupport for staff who have carers in their family, perhaps through flexible hours or time back for staff who volunteer with NHS charities.
“Every day, carers do amazing things for those in need. It’s a long and proud tradition, which has come to the forefront of people’s attention during the Coronavirus pandemic. Establishing the Carers’ Charter is just one small way in which Berwins is recognising that dedication and showing our support for those who care for us all”
The Carers’ Charter is designed to support healthcare workers based in the UK.
Carers should be able to prove their occupation by providing participating organisations with appropriate identification, such as an NHS staff card, when requested to do so.
- forwardNHS Staff
- forwardGP surgery staff
- forwardPrivate healthcare staff
- forwardFoundation trust members
- forwardDental practice staff
- forwardHospice staff
- forwardHealthcare students
- forwardPharmacy staff
The charter is available to any business or organisation, regardless of size, industry or location.
To get involved, an organisation must sign up using the form at the bottom of this page. A registration pack will then be sent out providing appropriate supporting documentation, information and details on the agreement.
Carers’ Charter is an open source platform which is designed to allow businesses and organisations in the UK to recognise the work NHS and health care staff are involved in. The scheme is managed without financial gain or interest by Berwins Solicitors Limited which is registered in England with number 06874412 at 2 North Park Road Harrogate HG1 5PA and authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority number 510280.